Forget boring travel. Try these 8 tips to experience out of the ordinary.
A big reason to travel is to expose yourself to new cultures, to see how things are done in another place.
As a traveller, you should strive to embrace cultural differences. But we’re all creatures of habit and might not recognize actions that are not appreciated in other places.
Here are 8 ways to make the journey much more exciting
– Don’t hail a Taxi
– Don’t seek the nearest McDonald’s
– Don’t stick to expat bars
– Don’t party at your hostel the entire week
– Don’t blather on in English
– Don’t keep your nose in a travel guide
– Don’t keep your eye in the viewfinder
– Don’t expect things to be how they are at home
To find out why these all made the list, check out the full article here.
And of course, in true Thirsty Swagman style, we add one more: Leave the boring sightseeing for the wimps. Head to the nearest pub instead 🙂