Heading to La Tomatina in 2015?
Check out Europe’s best La Tomatina 2015 tour here and read these handy tips:
Some Must-Knows from the Pros:
Your La Tomatina battle begins every year, on the final Wednesday in August. On this day, you’ll be up at the crack of dawn to make the trek to Bunol, where you’ll strap on your protective gear and head straight into the battlefield. With waves of tomato armed allies and foes, you’ll want to know all the dos and don’ts for this wild event.
Where to stay:
The first thing you need to know is where to stay. The best place to stay is in the city of Valencia in Spain. This is a beautiful city, famous for it’s Sciences and Arts and is worth having a good look around if you want to check out some great Spanish culture and also enjoy a wild nightlife.
It’s only an hour away from La Tomatina in Bunol and is packed with hundreds of hotels and hostels you can settle into before the big day. Just remember that there are around 20,000 other eager tomato-goers that will be looking for accommodation so you will want to book at least six months ahead.
How to get there:
Transportation to and from La Tomatina in Bunol is plentiful, thankfully! There is a train that runs frequently and takes only around an hour and fifteen minutes to get there.
You’ll need to buy a ticket in advance. For info on how to get these visit our La Tomatina website.
You want to arrive at the train station nice and early if you want to avoid the masses of others heading to the festival. On the other hand, there are buses and a couple of tour companies that offer packages that include travel to and from the event.
Rules to Remember for La Tomatina festival:
This amazing tradition is open to anyone and everyone, and it is therefore your civil duty to follow some standard rules and tips that help to ensure that everyone from around the globe has an enjoyable time.
– Be respectful of the locals
– Be aware that some of the locals can be rough and may try to tear your t-shirt off (it is advised that females wear a tight-fighting top and sports bra to prevent this).
– No bottle lids or any objects that can provoke an accident will be allowed past the festival entrance.
– Tomatoes should always be crushed before being thrown so they can’t hurt anybody
– When you see one of the five trucks delivering tomatoes, stand clear.
– When the second big bang is fired, you must stop throwing tomatoes.
Have fun and stay thirsty 🙂