Travelling with Thirsty Swagman is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. It’s meant to be fun for every traveller, and therefore we have a “code of conduct” that all travellers must adhere to, and always respect. It means that everyone can enjoy the tour, and nobody spoils it for anyone else. Above all, it encourages you to have fun, and be safe!
- You must at all times follow the instructions of the tour guides
- Be on time for departures, and ready for flights, bus tours etc.
- No abusive language or behaviour towards others
- Respect local customs and culture
- No smoking on buses or any other transport arranged by Thirsty Swagman
- Drink responsibly
- Have fun!
These will get you kicked off a tour immediately:
- Breaking the law of that country – includes destruction of property and fighting
- Use of violence or threats to use violence
- Sexual intimidation and harassment
- Using illegal drugs
- Putting yourself or any other person in danger
Thirsty Swagman will have complete discretion to decide whether you are guilty of the above behaviours, irrespective of whether you are charged or convicted by the local law authorities.
You may also be reported to the local law authorities for any of the above.
We always encourage you to:
- Learn about the place you’re visiting, and respect their culture. The world is an amazing place, and many places that you may visit are very different to where you’re from. Enjoy that difference, and leave on a positive note. You’ll probably want to come back one day!
- Tip the locals – it’s become increasingly accepted practice in all areas of the service industry, but particularly in restaurants, bars and taxis worldwide.
- Have fun!